Where Does the Party Go?
I have a personal problem with the GOP. I would say the reason is that the Republican Party is not of the same mold as I thought it to be when I first came across it as a social club in my college days.
This has always been a young’un’s club – a place where you would go and make friends and get into mischief, usually with your roommate. But as time went on, my views changed. As much as I have always been a Republican myself, I started to see them as the party of the rich, the privileged, and the powerful, which is very far from what I saw for so many years as a Republican.
However, time has moved on, and a lot of people started to understand that things have changed. Many people see this Republican party as out of touch and as insular. They were used to looking down their noses at the Democrats, but now they see the Democratic party as equally problematic. In the end, they want a party that can make a difference and is relevant to all Americans, including the more liberal ones.
They want Republicans who speak for and represent them, not just a group of wealthy lobbyists, bankers, and industry groups. For that reason, they can no longer rely on the traditional GOP politician for leadership and are desperate for a non-politician with experience and a passion for governance to run the show. Fortunately, a few of those new-generation politicians have jumped into the political arena and are beginning to have an impact.
- The establishment of the Republican party has tried to push back, but they haven’t worked very hard. They have tried to find people with experience, but they have not found any, in spite of spending millions on trying to find someone. They even have a candidate running for president, but it would be the first of its kind, and a serious first.
- On the other hand, the Democratic party is seeing their ranks grow, and are now claiming that they can hold a party together, and win elections. However, they are almost entirely dependent on campaign contributions and money from large corporations, with little recognition for local issues.
- They have tried to mimic the Republican party, by hiring consultants who can teach them how to act like a business, rather than a party. They do not embrace traditional social values like the Republican party, and feel no one has a need to follow those values, because they believe that they are unimportant.
- They are also attempting to “tough it out” a bit more and try to stay in the limelight as long as possible, rather than putting forth a true policy agenda. It’s a nice idea, but who knows if they will be able to keep it up? It’s a tough job for the Democrat to try to pull off with little political experience.
- The Republican party appears to be pretty far ahead in terms of public perception, and have already caught up in terms of party unity. They are now sending shock waves through the Democratic party with their boldness and may have finally moved past their timidity in terms of working with the GOP.
The Democrats are still supporting Obama, but it looks like they are holding onto their guns, rather than surrendering to the Republican party and throwing their votes behind the President. They are determined to win the election, and so far, they are doing well, despite the distraction.
Until recently, they seemed to be giving up on the idea of working with the Republican party, as there was no real point in working with an unpopular Democrat. Their name recognition and money seem to have been enough to keep them in the race, and so far, it appears that they have found their path to victory.
Find Out How You Can Help the Republican Party Win The Future
The Republican Party is a big tent that encompasses those of many different philosophies. However, the party’s official platform does not align closely with the views of most Americans. Nevertheless, it is important for the Republican Party to find a way to do better in the future, so it is critical that conservative voters get engaged. Many have already become engaged in a number of different ways, ranging from voting to writing letters and emails.
We should all be excited about this news, as it will energize the conservative voters. You may want to consider getting involved, whether that means attending a Republican Party of some sort, or a Tea Party rally, or something else. It doesn’t really matter which path you take, as long as you continue to make an effort.
Recent polls show that a large percentage of Republicans are eager to get engaged in the political process. This is exciting news for conservative voters. There is nothing like the opportunity to get out of the house and have a bit of fun!
What can you do to help promote the Republican Party in your area? In the states of New York, Michigan, Minnesota, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Ohio, these states are considered swing states. So it is important that you make sure you exercise your right to vote.
With such enthusiasm surrounding the Republican Party, will it not also help you attract Democrats to join your cause? It certainly will. After all, you will receive more donations if you reach out to these potential new supporters.
It is also important that you do your part to spread the word. Do some research about the party and their goals. Talk about the issues that are important to you, even though they may not be politically popular to others.
If you are a health care or government reform advocate, don’t let anyone discourage you. You must look at the two parties, and you’ll see that each has their own aims and philosophies, but that each of them seems to support many of the same values.
There are many Conservative groups in the country, and some of them are referred to as “Red Elephants” for the obvious reason. There are many of these groups in Washington, and many of them are happy to recruit interested voters. They don’t just talk about the party, they offer services, even if it is just handing out bumper stickers.
If you know someone who is interested in politics, offer to give them some information about the Republican Party. Tell them what you found out about the party and how you felt when you read up on it. Even if you know very little about the GOP, you can still be a part of the effort.
If you have friends who are into politics, tell them about the Republican Party and their ideas. Don’t be afraid to open up the conversation, so that they can really get informed. All too often they may not even know they’re being influenced by the party, as they are looking to get educated.
Remember that there is a Red Elephant in your hometown. Stop by and see if you can get involved with your local Republican Party.